BACK TO WRITING

Lately, I am feeling inspired... so I thought: why not go back to your old abandoned blog and start writing again? So I did, and then I thought: why don't a change its look? I guess I already passed the new parent phase and I am feeling more green now that I no longer have to change 10 diapers a day. So here it is: I am back, full of things to share, to say, to cry about, to get mad, to bs. Share your thoughts!

Monday, May 30, 2005

Un estupendo fin de semana

ya con 10 meses cumplidos en esta ciudad, por primera vez puedo decir que he tenido un gran fin de semana... bueno por que me permitio apreciar los encantos de esta ciudad a veces tan fria, y solitaria; una ciudad llena de cultura, de buena gente, y de buen material para pensar. El viernes estuve en una boda... un poco extrano por que la boda empezo a la 1pm. T dice que la hicieron a esa hora para que el salon de fiesta les saliera mas barato... una bella boda donde los hombres derramaban mas lagrimas que las nenas; un verdadero misterio de lo que matrimonio significa para estos hombres.
En la noche, me fui con Paolita a un concierto de Antibalas http://www.antibalas.com/ Muy buena banda; buen afro-beat. Un sabor de brooklyn lleno de political statements, de salsa, de Africa, y de este mundo papapa! excelente... me lo goze muchisimo; sobretodo cuando escuche a Willie Colon. Me trajo memorias de Colombia; me lleno de nostalgia. Toda la noche pense lo que Juan hubiera dicho; esa es su onda... mi hermanito me hubiera contado mas sobre esta banda.
El Sabado lo remate con un paseo unconvencional al cementerio de Hollywood, donde se reunen todos los sabados mas de 300 personas a disfrutar de una pelicula clasica. That night I watched North by Northwest from Hitchcock. Pretty funny how this suspense drama turns into a love story. It was really great... and as you enjoy the film, you get to share with your friends food, wine, even pot. Not me but most people surely enjoyed it. It is a great tribute to the death... the laughs, the warm scene for being at the cemetery.... hilarious.
Yesterday my friend Osman woke me up and invited me to the beach. Really nice afternoon in the middle of cheese and wine. The pacific is so dark but it surely has so much power. I kind of asked myself yesterday if the first time I saw the ocean was the pacific? My guess is that it was; perhaps due to the proximity to Pereira. But then, my first memoires in the water are in the Atlantic; in a family trip with mis tias and my brother where we visited San Andres, Santa Marta and .... I think barranquilla at some point? I can't longer remember. My memories of that trip are my brother's memories like most of my childhood remembrances.
Finally P came to see me... more like a chance to close our story. to let go in many ways. Destiny has been dictated and we no longer know what to think... how do we let go? but we did, and we desperately needed it. I am glad it ended like this; with no regrets, no grudges. I do love him but I know that I will never trust him again. And P... the diapers will change your life. All I can say is that you need to embrace this miracle of life; don't question it any more. It was meant to be; we weren't. And this is how we let each other go.

1 comment:

JuanMapu said...

bacano, me gusta que disfrutes asi.