BACK TO WRITING

Lately, I am feeling inspired... so I thought: why not go back to your old abandoned blog and start writing again? So I did, and then I thought: why don't a change its look? I guess I already passed the new parent phase and I am feeling more green now that I no longer have to change 10 diapers a day. So here it is: I am back, full of things to share, to say, to cry about, to get mad, to bs. Share your thoughts!

Sunday, May 22, 2005

MIA

I have been missing in action lately; Although I have been going through some thinking as to what to write the next time I seated on my chair to visit this blog. I was away for a week attending a conference in San Francisco; and interesting conference I may add, talking to small-scale farmers from all over the U.S. and in many ways understanding that they do go through the same challenges that farmers in Latin America face everyday; even in the most powerful nation, small farmers struggle to make a decent living. At the same time, I saw some old faces from the past making me realize what a strong and confident woman I have become. It has been the thoughest year of my life since the separation from my ex; then there was the relocation to LA; the months sleeping the in the floor; the times of loneliness and deception and finally, a time of joy where I have found my role in the world.
I love my job because it makes me a better person; a humble one at least. I always knew I was going to work on tough causes but I never thought I would be doing this type of work promoting fair trade. I do realize that I can achieve much more and do more for the people who need it. I have hesitated so much into going back to law school, especially these last months. And then, I am pulled back to this desire to become the best lawyer yet in human rights because practicing law does have much more influence on Policy than being an activist that even though is standing for a good cause may loss sight on choosing his/her battles.
I am also happy to have finalized my first altar. It is still a work in progress and it will get bigger with time; but I am excited to be able to see that love and respect put together into these offerings to buddhism and its values. Like my brother once said: "the best thing that ever happened to our mother was buddhism" and I think it goes the same way for me. Someone else in my position and after all that I have been through with Love and affection would have gone crazy if not psycho! But buddhism has helped me maintain my senerity and continues to embrace with other wonderful things in life. I think I am finally making it... at least for now :)

No comments: