BACK TO WRITING

Lately, I am feeling inspired... so I thought: why not go back to your old abandoned blog and start writing again? So I did, and then I thought: why don't a change its look? I guess I already passed the new parent phase and I am feeling more green now that I no longer have to change 10 diapers a day. So here it is: I am back, full of things to share, to say, to cry about, to get mad, to bs. Share your thoughts!

Thursday, December 10, 2009

What to do with Copenhagen?

Is all over the news: the climate change conference in Copenhagen, Denmark where "world leaders" ae meeting to discuss how to stop global warming and climate change. I am trying to stay optimistic- at least for the sake of my Oxfam friends who arenot sleeping much since sunday. I am truly hoping that developed nations will increase their commitment to reduce their carbondioxide emissions. France is offering 30%- wow! that's ambitious! while berlusconi is taking pictures as if he was the biggest celebrity (that's what I heard).

I must confess that I am not green. period. I do attempt to recycle as much as I can; save energy at home; close the water faucet (if I remember), washing my clothes with cold water and not drive as much. But I also feel I am making progress- just last month I began riding the trirail in South Florida, followed by the metro to work...uh! that was quite the accomplishment I must say since I always thought that in south florida, either you drove a car or you were stucked wherever you were. So I am proud to say that at least- my level of awareness is growing to save the planet! Now that my daughter is almost 3 I want her to see snow in the colombian nevados just like I said a copuple of days ago in facebook. I truly want her to see the colombian jungle with an actual forest; I want her to be green. period.

All I can say now is that I have jope- I truly hope that the Copenhagen conference is a success- that Obama will increase the U.S. commitment to reduce emissions over 20% (at least!); that Developed nations will support the proposal to pit money on a fund to assist developing nations to improve their infrastructure and become energy efficient. I am crossign my fingers....

No comments: